Sunday, May 1, 2016

Episode Twenty-Nine - Caffeinate


Welcome to episode twenty-nine of "Stitching Between Pages"! I hope you enjoy watching, and thank you for checking it out.

Please get in touch!

Ravelry Group: Stitching Between Pages Podcast
Ravelry: halfpass92
Twitter: @medievalisting
Instagram: medievalisting

WIPs:
1. Vanilla + Cable socks. Knit in Regia Nuance Color in colorway 04989. Knit on US1/2.25mm Knitter's Pride Karbonz DPNs. If you would like to replicate the cable, check out my Ravelry project page.
2. "Waiting for Rain" shawl by Sylvia Bo Bilvia. Knit in Cedar House Yarns Sapling Sock in the "Fog" colorway" and Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the "Candlewick" colorway. Knit on US6/4.00mm 32" HiyaHiya Sharps circular.

Spinning:
I am plying my punis from Naturally Knitty in the "Crazy Like a Fox!" colorway. The punis include Falkland, merino, Shetland, and targhee, and I have 2oz.

Next Up:
1. I am thinking of casting on a 3 Color Cashmere Shawl, designed by Joji Locatelli. I have a skein of madelinetosh tosh merino light in the "Modern Fair Isle" colorway, and two skeins of Kismet Fiber Arts Soul in the "Lucky Penny" and "Juniper" colorways.
2. My next spinning project will be a 4oz braid of Malabrigo Nube in the Piedras colorway.
3. I'm also considering several plans for a hap. I was right; they are from Shetland. There are some good images on Gudrun Johnston's website. It will probably take me a while to cast on, and I may wait until Kate Davies' new hap book is released.

Pretty New Yarn:
A very kind friend of the podcast gave me three skeins of yarn. Two are for YOU (as prizes in forthcoming KALs) and one is for me!
1. West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-Ply in the "Goldfinch" colorway
2. Kirby Wirby Yarns Soft & Squishy in the "KW Rainbow" colorway
3. Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce in the "Double Tap" colorway

Book:
Dancer, by Colum McCann. (I also mentioned Let the Great World Spin, also by Colum McCann. I've also read and enjoyed another of his novels, TransAtlantic.)

Other Miscellaneous Mentions:
1. I was wearing my Beltane shawl, which was the Kelbourne Woolens MKAL in 2014.
2. We're having another KAL! It's with the lovely Robyn and Merry of the Cherry Purls podcast. The Summer Colors KAL will run from June 1 through July 31, and the idea is to knit something using at least two different colorways of yarn (you can use more!). WIPs that are less than 50% done may be entered. More details will be forthcoming, but pick your patterns and yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment