Sunday, July 17, 2016

Episode Thirty-Four - Dress Weather

Welcome to episode thirty-four of "Stitching Between Pages"! I hope you enjoy watching, and thank you for checking it out. I apologize if you can hear any background noise; there's been work happening on the exterior face of my building for a couple of weeks now and at the end of the episode, the workmen were directly outside my window.

Please get in touch!

Ravelry Group: Stitching Between Pages Podcast
Ravelry: halfpass92
Twitter: @medievalisting
Instagram: medievalisting

FO:
1. "Vanilla Latte" socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes. Knit in Rowan Fine Art in the Serin colorway. Knit on US1/2.25mm Knitter's Pride Karbonz DPNs.

WIPs:
1. Vanilla socks. Knit in Leading Men Fiber Arts Improv Sock Blank in the "Chip on His Shoulder" colorway (their sock blanks are one-of-a-kind). Knit on US1/2.25mm KnitPro Zings DPNs.
2. Vanilla socks. Knit in Patons Kroy Socks in the "Blue Striped Ragg" colorway. Knit on US1/2.25mm Knitter's Pride Karbonz DPNs.
3. Father & Son Knit Ties (Father Tie). Knit in Baa Ram Ewe Titus "Bantam" and "Crucible" colorways. Knit on US2/2.75mm Knitter's Pride Cubics DPNs.

I mentioned my "Three Color (not-cashmere) Shawl," which is in time-out at the moment. Here's the details anyway: 3 Color Cashmere Shawl pattern by Joji Locatelli. Knit in Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the "Modern Fair Isle" colorway and Kismet Fiber Arts Soul in the "Lucky Penny" and "Juniper" colorways. Knit on US6/4.00mm 32" HiyaHiya Sharps circular.

Book:
All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation, by Mary Traister. If you're curious, you can check out her NPR interview.

Other Miscellaneous Mentions:
1. If you're curious about my Milwaukee adventure last weekend... here's some information on the Joan of Arc Chapel at Marquette University. The website of the Milwaukee Art Museum is here. If you're curious about the museum's architect, Santiago Calatrava, here's his Wikipedia page with images of some of his designs.
2. The project bags that I made were made using the really great tutorial for drawstring bags over at In Color Order. I highly recommend it!
3. This podcast loves Mary Oliver! The quotation which I'm embroidering is from her poem "Invitation." The other line that I miserably misquoted is from her poem "The Summer Day": "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Both poems are gorgeous, but I don't think I've ever read a Mary Oliver poem that I didn't love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi admin,
    I read your blog, its really awesome,
    This is an informative guide to men's tailor-made shirts. A basic understanding is given about fabric, fits, sleeves, collars, yoke, buttoning, pleats, pockets, and type of tails.
    see more details: knitted tie

    your regards
    Shopno Kumari

    ReplyDelete