Sunday, October 4, 2015

Episode Fourteen - In Which I Share My Vogue Knitting Live Adventure


Welcome to episode fourteen of "Stitching Between Pages"! I hope you enjoy watching, and thank you for checking it out.

Please get in touch!

Ravelry Group: Stitching Between Pages Podcast
Ravelry: halfpass92
Twitter: @medievalisting
Instagram: medievalisting

FO:
Bankhead Hat, by Susie Gourlay. Knit in my first-ever handspun yarn, Cephalopod Yarns Bugga! fiber in the "Ursula" colorway. Knit on KnitPicks US9 needles, 16" circular and DPNs.

WIPs:
1. Vanilla socks. Knit in Fibernymph Dyeworks in the "Rainbow Riot" colorway. Knit on US1/2.25mm HiyaHiya Sharps DPNs.
2. "Strand Hill Cardigan," by Keya Kuhn. Knit in KnitPicks Stroll, "Dogwood Heather" colorway. Knit on US8/5.00mm ChiaoGoo Premium Stainless Steel, 32" circular.
3. "Hermaness Hat," by Gudrun Johnston. Knit in Brooklyn Tweed Loft, "Almanac" colorway. Knit on US2/2.75mm Knitter's Pride Karbonz, 16" circular.

Spinning:
1. I've made some progress on my YarnRescue Polwarth braid in the gorgeous "Eggplant" colorway. It's a 4.2oz braid, 100% Polwarth. I'm spinning it on my Schacht Hi-Lo spindle.

Pretty New Yarn:
1. Not yarn, but I got 6 beautiful 1940s glass vintage buttons from Dusty's Vintage Buttons at VKL.
2. Studio Donegal Soft Donegal, unnamed creamy neutral colorway
3. Cedar House Yarns Sapling Sock,"Fog" colorway
4. Oink Pigments Sport, "Wine Not Cabernet Sauvingyarn" colorway
5. Leading Men Fiber Arts Improv Sock Blank, "Chip on His Shoulder" colorway

Books:
1. Ale, Beer, and Brewsters: Women's Work in a Changing World, 1300-1600, by Judith M. Bennett
2. The Secret History, by Donna Tartt

Other Miscellaneous Mentions:
1. I went to Vogue Knitting Live Chicago! So much fun. Some things I mentioned in conjunction with my visit to the VKL Marketplace include Apple Yarns in Bellingham, WA, Franklin Habit, and Long Island Livestock Company.
2. I mentioned a couple of patterns that I might knit soon, including Fantoosh! by Kate Davies and the Summertide MKAL from Curious Handmade, and the Bluebird of Happiness by Sara Elizabeth Kellner.
3. If you're interested in learning a bit about the resistance to sewing machines that Deb brought up in her question, check out this article from the Smithsonian.

No comments:

Post a Comment